10 Things I Learned From My Divorce
1. Hold my tongue and not interrupt.
2. Sometimes my partner will use actions instead of words to show his love.
3. My partner’s need are as important as my own.
4. Take responsibility for my own happiness and not make my partner responsible.
5. Focus on what is working instead of what is not.
6. Trust my partner rather than monitoring him.
7. Appreciate all his efforts, not just the big ones.
8. Accept his apology without the review that followed.
9. Forgive more easily and more often.
10. Don’t look to my partner to meet all my emotional needs.